Kandis hit me up via text to see if we could get a workout in. I normally don't get my sweat on on Fridays, but I figure, why the heck not? See me? That's flex. I hit Mindi up on FB, caught Lindsey the new counselor chick at the office before she clocked out and grabbed my DVD of BodyStep 85. And it was ON like...Donkey Kong? WTH do people say that? I'm sorry I did. Moving on...
After a grueling workout in the cardio cinema (thanks, Joe, for letting me re-arrange the gym to suit me!), we sat and chilled, shooting the breeze. I'm pausing to state that Mindi B. is one cool chick. I'm glad to have her on my squad. Speaking of squads, before I get back to the Mindi story, One L Randy mentioned about 2 weeks ago that he was pleasantly pleased that I had Kandis on my squad. Of course he is. He loves her, doncha know? As he should. That girl, Kandis, she is a find. Smart, beautiful, kind and cool. Thank GOD, Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Wise Men, Moses, Noah, Abraham, Jonah, all of them that Randy got his love life together. There was only so much more I could take from his chick-of-the-season having ass. Kandis, she is The One. Theo and I knew it all along. Awww. Love. Anyways, back to Mindi. Before you ask, yes, she is a Black chick. Crazy, right? What negroes you know name their kid 'Mindi'? With an i on the end to boot? Shocked me, too. So, Mindi stresses out a lot. She has a stressful job, working for one of those government agencies with 3 letters for a name. It must really suck to tell people where you work and people physically recoil. It happens, I have seen it. Theo pulled back a bit when she told him. Ha.
Mindi stresses and worries a lot about health and other junk. I feel her, I do that stuff too. It's pointless. So I will give her the advice I attempt on myself when I get stressed out. "Jaz (Mindi), stressing yourself out over that shit isn't going to make it any better. I (You) cannot control other people's actions, only my (your) own. I (You) only have one life to live and this is it. I (You) shouldn't waste time worrying about something that in the grand scheme of things, no one is going to remember anyway. As far as health/weight/money goes, all I (you) can do is to try my best to do the right things for me (you). Take care of self. But most of all, I (you) need to try to be happy and be a good person. Why not? Trust God, He will take care of everything else. He's GOT THIS. That's what He does. "
You listening, Mindi? You are ridiculously smart (Valedictorian, plus 2 college degrees to be exact), beautiful with a great bod (I hate your flat stomach, tiny waist, and curvy hips UGH It's one of those ba-dow bodies and you don't even appreciate it - BITCH! - no homo), are strong, fit and athletic, live in a VERY nice gated community, have great friends (like Ireshia, Ashley, Horace, Kandis and ME!), and just a good, down-to-earth person. So, take this virtual bitchslap to reality like the G that you are.
I have more to say about this, but Theo has come home and he is acting like he is about to die of hunger. I need to wrap this up before he makes me go Ike Turner on that ass for acting like he is brand new. Negro, just eat the cake.