"Because of the glandular oil with which ducks preen their feathers, waterfowl have plumage which repels moisture-- this is why ducks can swim about for a lengthy spell before getting too wet to float. Water can roll off a duck's back without effect."
I have decided that I should take criticism by the same token. Try, at the very least. The days, they are long. But, I will attempt to retain a sense of optimism. Stay tuned on that note.
In other news, the weekend went over smashingly well. Saturday was very...physical for me to say the least. I began the morning at 7am by meeting with my running group at the Lakeshore Trail. We did 4 miles - wow! Afterwards, I was in the car, comforting myself after the run with the fact that since it was only 8am, I would have time to stretch before teaching BodyStep at 930. By the time I got to the gym at 8:10, however, I pulled into the lot and after a quick scan for Holly's BMW, "Betty", I thought to myself,
Oh, CRAP.
It's Labor Day Weekend. Meaning, Holly is at the beach and Jaz is BodyPumping today at 8:15 before BodyStep. Great. Needless to say, I was wore OUT by the time Step ended at 10:30. But, man, it hurt so good. What didn't hurt so good? The fricking blister that had formed on the back on my right heel. Ugh. Fricking salesguy at The Track Shack said that the shoe fit properly, even though I expressed concern that the heel was moving up and down. Yeah, no. Blister.
After a quick shower, which included blister burning when water touched it, I met up with Kandis and Frenchie at Edgar's. Love them and love Edgar's. Spending time with those two is just...easy, know what I mean? It is almost like spending a day by myself, because the 3 of us are so in sync. Does that make me sound full of conceit to then say that they are fabulous? If so, too dang bad. I love being with those chicks.
Afterward our nearly 3 hour brunch, I went to Publix to get the week's groceries. HATE when my regular cashier and bagger are off. HATE! There is one guy who completely SUCKS at bagging and I almost always get him when my regular bagger Bernard isn't there. I don't start off at a register where he is working, he somehow always finds his way over to me. I almost wanted to tell him not to fricking bother. He is a horrible bagger. I could rant on his horribleness for days. Is horribleness a word? Doubtful. Did I mention how much he sucks as a bagger? I left half of the groceries in the car for Theo to bring up later that night because I was fairly certain that the bags were going to fall apart before making it up the stairs. To be fair, I told Theo what and why I did what I did. After carrying the bags up (3 trips, natch) 5 hours later, he agreed with my opinion of the bad bagger. Ugh. I hope my Bernard is back next week. If not, I am limiting my purchase to bread and milk.
Marlon came over that night to watch the game and shoot the breeze with Theo, Lo and Walt, in town from Nash. Aww, Marlon. He is one of my faves, for real. I love that he married Frenchie. I have benefitted so much from their relationship. She is great. Did I tell you she was great? Too bad Marlon got in trouble that night. Before I went to sleep at 11pm, I told him Frenchie said for him to be home in 30 mins. I found out the next morning that he stayed until 5am. YIKES. But, at least he was safe and there were no hoes around. Just boys and football. No worries!
Kandis and One L celebrated their 1 year anniversary on Sunday. Awww! Love! We had a fish fry at the apartment and folks came over and it was fantabulous. Our friends are pretty dang awesome, if I say so myself. :) Kandis did get in trouble for not making cookies. She knows she is the cookie lady. Get on your J-O-B, Kandis. Will forgive since I picked up some cupcakes when Theo and I made a quick stop at Publix after church Sunday. No sign of bad bagger. Thank God.
Maybe I am too invested in this bagging thing. Do other people pay this much attention? I spend too much time at Publix. They all know my name. Is that weird? Meh.
Tomorrow is Date Night with Krystle! Also known as Negro Night because we watch Black films and snark on them. Lo would be so disgusted. He would likely accuse us of not being supportive of our people. I refute that. It's just that since the inception of Krystle and Jaz's Negro Night, we have yet to watch a movie that was actually good. Now, I know there are good Black films, but we prefer to watch the bad ones. There are just so many B-Black films out here. AWFUL.
OMG, this movie was pure
On a completely random, un-related note, did you know that Maurice Clarett had a blog?
W.
T.
F.
I feel as if my blog has been cheapened by this somehow.