Thursday, September 15, 2011

Love the Fall

For some reason, I had this song stuck in my head today. Can I just say, I frickin' love this song? Theo does, too, though he likely wouldn't admit it to anyone else. It is actually one of the songs on the previous BodyStep release. Peak 1, track 4, for some crazy reason was THE hardest track for me to learn last time, when normally I always spazz out around track 5. But, nope, that track, with the weird boxer shuffle always did something to me. I would go the wrong direction, bounce on the wrong beat, eh... The POINT being, because I had such trouble learning the choreo for track 4, I was forced to play this song over and over and over and over and over...you get the idea. And poor Theo just HAPPENED to be home those 2 mornings where I slaved over that song, 45 minutes each day. Seriously, it NEVER takes me that long, normally I can get my choreography down like THAT* (I'm snapping right now, see me? LIKE THAT *snap*). But instead of going batshit crazy on me for having to listen to the song repeatedly, when I apologized after about 5 repeats, "Sorry, baby, I know you are sick of this song," Theo responded, "I kind of like it." And a few weeks later, while I was playing the song just randomly via the computer, Theo walked in and said, "Hey, that's my song!" :) Sweet, right?

I do love the Fall. Something about the air becoming crisp, but not too cold, the leaves turning colors, football, marching bands, I don't know. It just does something to me. I have ALWAYS loved the Fall, I think. Fall means high school dances and hot cocoa from the concession stand. Burnt-orange colored Yankee candles on my parents' mantle.

Now, I realize that it is still September, but a girl can look forward to October, right? Right?

ALSO, please note that the version Theo loves isn't the one below -- it is the remixed BodyStep version. But, you get the picture.



In OTHER news, how about we got halfway to Florence last Saturday - actually MORE than halfway, we were in Moulton -- when Glo (my mama) called and said that we didn't need to come to Florence because my Grandma said she wasn't going to her birthday dinner the next day. Which was the whole reason we were going to Florence in the first place. Kidding me? Nice. Gotta love Grandma, she is a G. We had a good time being in Florence, anyway, and I did go spend some time with my girl before we left. But the end all, be all, at 7pm that Sunday, she did decide that she wanted to have her birthday dinner and went. Theo and I just drove back to Birmingham. Now that I think about it, I should probably be offended. But, I won't be since the only other people who attended the dinner were my aunt, 2 cousins and about 10 kids. I would probably have been too busy trying to discipline the kids to enjoy myself. As it was, I heard that grandma 'acted up' the entire time, per my mother, per my aunt telling my mother. Of course, when I called Grandma to ask how the dinner went, she said it was great. And then she told me that I was the only grandkid that cared about her because I call her to check on her all the time. Awwww. As much as I wanted to bask in that, I told her that wasn't fair because my cousin Jen drives her EVERYWHERE and goes to see her every day and Grandma agreed, Jen cares. I told her I have to call since I don't get to see her like everyone else, so it all kind of balances out. So she decided that her grandDAUGHTERS care, but not her grandsons. Hahaha. I reminded her that Brad always sends cards, candy and money; Damon bought her that super nice flatscreen TV that she HATED and made him take back because it wasn't a "real television set", and Geoffrey had just flipped her mattress for her last month. She wasn't having it.

Poor flatscreen TV. That thing was NICE. NIIIIIICE. Damon had to go back and get her one with the big ass back. Do you KNOW how hard those are to find these days? Gotta love Grandma. Turning her nose up at the latest technology. LOVE.